New user: doing an accordion repair
Photo 
Hi all,

just to say hello and that I'm currently repairing a little Alvari 8-bass.

[Image: 03nBoFR.jpg]

It's all going pretty well so far: I've replaced all the valves with new vinyl ones on the bass side, and now I'm about to attempt the treble side (which has a lot more reeds!)

At some point I'll have to work out why that one key is sticking up, but that's for another post!
Best of luck with the repair. The key sticking up is most likely because it accidentally caught on something (like the straps). Unless you are really unlucky you should be able to bend it back down by pressing down the mechanism at the pallet (not the pallet itself), the hinge mechanism and the key. (And if you are unlucky the key will break off...) It would be good to start the repair with that because when it breaks it most likely means the accordion is a write-off considering its value versus repair cost.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
I'd be really curious to see some in-process pictures as you repair it. I've never been brave enough to do much on my boxes.
good luck!
(08-02-2019, 03:48 PM)craptiger Wrote: I'd be really curious to see some in-process pictures as you repair it.  I've never been brave enough to do much on my boxes.

One of the first things you learn in a repair course is to take many many pictures, of every small step of the process. That way you are guaranteed to have pictures that show how to put the instrument back together!
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
(23-01-2019, 11:57 AM)londonrob Wrote: Hi all,

just to say hello and that I'm currently repairing a little Alvari 8-bass.

[Image: 03nBoFR.jpg]

It's all going pretty well so far: I've replaced all the valves with new vinyl ones on the bass side, and now I'm about to attempt the treble side (which has a lot more reeds!)

At some point I'll have to work out why that one key is sticking up, but that's for another post!

All the valves? I`m curious as to whether you replaced both sides of the bass reeds without removing and re-  waxing.  Angel