Hohner Atlantic IV N DeLuxe, restoration/spares
Hohner Atlantic IV N DeLuxe, Black and Gold. 120bass with 11 treble, 3 bass couplers and treble sordina.
Comes with worn leather straps and hard case.

Not currently in playable condition, but could be restored by someone with more time and patience than I have.
The aluminium body is scratched, and there are some dents in the grille. Switch mechanism needs repair/replacement. Palm master switch is missing. About 3 of the L reeds don't sound/wheeze in one direction, and some of the H reeds are weak from lack of use. Tuning is adequate for group playing. All the pallets need re-facing with fresh felt (it was beginning to get leaky, and I decided to take all the pallets off, scuff up the surface and put them back on in the wrong order - this was a bad idea). Bass mechanism is fine, though again may benefit from re-facing the pallets. Bass couplers are damaged but functional. Bellows look a little rough round the edges - may benefit from replacement, but I don't think theyre the cause of the leakiness.

Played regularly until around 18 months ago, when it suddenly began to lose compression - my attempts at fixing this rendered it laughably leaky, and I gave up on it.
I'm not too fussed about making money on it - its a big bulky thing to have lying around not being used, and I would love to see it restored and played again.

£50 plus postage
Vermona (Weltmeister) LMMH Cassotto / Hohner Atlantic IV DeLuxe (LMMH) / 12 Bass Alvari (MM) (practically a toy) / 96 Bass Cantulia Sonatina 6 (LMM with womens'/childrens' reduced width keys)
(18-04-2019, 10:07 AM)james_from_stoke Wrote: Hohner Atlantic IV N DeLuxe, Black and Gold. 120bass with 11 treble, 3 bass couplers and treble sordina.
Comes with worn leather straps and hard case.

Not currently in playable condition, but could be restored by someone with more time and patience than I have.
The aluminium body is scratched, and there are some dents in the grille. Switch mechanism needs repair/replacement. Palm master switch is missing. About 3 of the L reeds don't sound/wheeze in one direction, and some of the H reeds are weak from lack of use. Tuning is adequate for group playing. All the pallets need re-facing with fresh felt (it was beginning to get leaky, and I decided to take all the pallets off, scuff up the surface and put them back on in the wrong order - this was a bad idea). Bass mechanism is fine, though again may benefit from re-facing the pallets. Bass couplers are damaged but functional. Bellows look a little rough round the edges - may benefit from replacement, but I don't think theyre the cause of the leakiness.

Played regularly until around 18 months ago, when it suddenly began to lose compression - my attempts at fixing this rendered it laughably leaky, and I gave up on it.
I'm not too fussed about making money on it - its a big bulky thing to have lying around not being used, and I would love to see it restored and played again.

£50 plus postage

Hi, 
  If you can't get rid of it and decide to sell for spares i'm in need of a set of L Atlantic treble reeds

N
Sounds like this is indeed an instrument with only value of the parts that are still good and not as an instrument intended to be played.
There are many Atlantics around so there is always a need for replacement parts, most likely reeds, maybe even reed blocks, keys, springs, register slides and other moving parts...
Sadly the economic value of an Atlantic is such that if it needs serious work that work will easily cost more than what people are willing to pay for an Atlantic in good condition.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
(18-04-2019, 10:07 AM)james_from_stoke Wrote: £50 plus postage

£50 plus postage, seems just like this, for spares ... but if one only needs a few reeds, maybe it's expensive ... ymmv
Carpe diem, C.
Now Sold
Vermona (Weltmeister) LMMH Cassotto / Hohner Atlantic IV DeLuxe (LMMH) / 12 Bass Alvari (MM) (practically a toy) / 96 Bass Cantulia Sonatina 6 (LMM with womens'/childrens' reduced width keys)