White key Yellowing
How do I  remove the yellowing from the pearl-white keys on my accordion ?
Thanks, Chickers
Try rubbing the affected areas with some neat, very fine tooth paste on some soft cloth ( eg worn singlet) wrapped around your finger. Be careful not to lodge the toothpaste in any nooks and crannies (eg gaps between keys. Pack these with paper tissues.).
Try it on a small patch to begin with.
The yellowing is probably from a build up of oily residue from fingers, especially if one is a smoker. In effect you have to “polish” off this layer: like brushing your teeth.

I’m reminded of the ( very) old Pepsodent jingle: “wonder where the yellow went, brushed my teeth with Pepsodent!” Smile
Wonder if you can still get it?
(05-09-2019, 12:02 AM)Chickers Wrote: How do I  remove the yellowing from the pearl-white keys on my accordion ?
Thanks, Chickers

I might avoid using toothpaste because of the possibility of leaving residue in the space around the keys. Try retail strength hydrogen-peroxide (2%) on a soft cloth (I think 'singlet' is Brit for t-shirt). H2O2 attacks organic material only and should leave the base material of the keys unharmed. In general, for cleaning any part of any musical instrument, less is more.
I want to play the accordion badly – and I do.