interesting bellows
Interesting accordion that I saw on ebay.  It recently ended so I figured Id post and ask is anyone knows about it.  Appears some electrically generated air current runs through it.  Anyone familiar or know how it worked, and sounded?  Kind of cool idea.

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

The bellows don't exist on this box. I came across one very similar some 40 years ago. It was imported buy a dealer in New York,NY and operated by an electric pump and regulated by a foot pedal. The accordion body was as this one similar to the construction of a at the time Excelsiors , but Quality was poor.
Operated by a electric pump , without electricity it was just a big doorstop. These boxes were in reality just a reed organ that you wear.
This one has a collapsed bass machine and not worth repair.
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA
I see. As always Jim thanks for the information. You’ve seen it all!
crazy
I guess if you get too tired to operate the bellows?, this will do it for you. Strange to me for sure, although creative also.
After seeing reply's to this post I feel I've left out reasoning for this model of Accordion.

( People with

After seeing reply's to this post I feel I've left out reasoning for this model of Accordion.

You see that that there has always been " Disabled People" becoming that way By War Injuries or accidents.
These air operated accordions enabled a previous accordionist to play a reed accordion with external air pressure
for entertaining Him or Herself and friends or family.
Of course these models were heavy as they contained reeds ,heavy mechanicals and never sold well.
There were many types of accordions that have appeared in the last 70+ years that were made to operate without bellows - some electronic, and all failures commercially.

Today we have "V" accordions that can be used by able and disabled for enjoyment & entertainment.
Owner & Operator "THE FISARMONICA SHOP" Chicopee, MA USA