A Simple Cold Remedy. (The Two Hats Method)
A Simple Cold Remedy. (The Two Hats Method.)

YOU WILL NEED:
One Bottle of Scotch Whisky & One Hat.

METHOD:
Take your hat & the Scotch to your bedroom.  Hang the hat on the bedpost nearest your feet.  Drink the Scotch until you can see two hats.  You are now cured.

If symptoms persist, repeat all the above.

Good Luck,

Stephen.
(08-01-2020, 12:09 PM)Stephen Hawkins Wrote: A Simple Cold Remedy. (The Two Hats Method.)

YOU WILL NEED:

METHOD:
Take your hat & the Scotch to your bedroom.  Hang the hat on the bedpost nearest your feet.  Drink the Scotch until you can see two hats.  You are now cured.

Good Luck,

Stephen.
I like your remedy Stephen, must try it next time I'm feeling poorly !! Assume it works equally well with vodka, cognac, etc etc.
Although I suspect her in-doors won't be impressed. Blush

(08-01-2020, 12:09 PM)Stephen Hawkins Wrote: A Simple Cold Remedy. (The Two Hats Method.)

YOU WILL NEED:

METHOD:

Good Luck,

Stephen.
I like your remedy Stephen, must try it next time I'm feeling poorly !! Assume it works equally well with vodka, cognac, etc etc.
Although I suspect her in-doors won't be impressed. Blush
Hi Andy,

Bearing in mind the ancient adage: "A little of what you fancy does you good", I imagine that any of the beverages you mention would serve the same purpose.

My personal "poison of choice" would be a decent Scotch, though I do enjoy a very occasional glass of Calvados.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
I make my own limoncello because I do not like the commercial variety that is available here. I think the lemon helps with the cold!
Actually, being completely honest, I'm a beer man. I like to make my own though, using an English kit product made by Muntons. They make quite a good variety of ales and stouts. Main problem brewing in the summer here is trying to keep it down at the correct temperature. I keep a close eye on the weather forecast.
what if you don't have a cold?

can you still be cured?
Yes, but it might take 3 hats.
I've always found a chicken jalfrezi and quite a lot of brandy is a very effective cure.
Haven't tried it with a hat though.
Smile 
(09-01-2020, 05:04 PM)jozz Wrote: what if you don't have a cold?

can you still be cured?

I like to take "preventative measures"  -  just in case.  [Image: smile.png]
Hi Tom,

Yes, you are quite correct. Hot lemon drinks do help with cold symptoms, but are nowhere near as humorous (in the context presented) as the "two hats" solution to all that ails you.

In truth, and this may surprise you, I hardly ever take alcohol. When I do, however, it has to be something which bites back.

When I was in my 20's (over 50 years ago) an old and very traditional doctor advised me that neat whisky killed many of the germs lingering in the mouth and throat. He did not actually recommend the "two hats method", but he did reckon that a few glasses of Scotch could be beneficial. Who am I to contradict this aged medical professional?

Kind Regards,

Stephen.

Hi Jozz,

We all need medication from time to time, so it may as well be something we enjoy. I am willing to believe that whisky has medicinal qualities, and that it may even prevent certain illnesses. (taken in moderation)

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Thanks Stephen! That's the beauty of the limoncello, you get the best of both worlds.... Please do not, however, try the "two hats" method while simultaneously playing your accordion, you could drop it on your foot, necessitating further remedies.
Hi Tom,

Perhaps the laws pertaining to drink-driving should apply to drinking whilst playing the accordion. OR ...... playing the accordion whilst engaged in a whisky based medicinal regime.

Anyway, it is all too complicated for me, so I simply recommend that we all tackle our colds as we see fit. I certainly wouldn't like to be responsible for anyone busting a toe under medication.

Two ladies having lunch.
1st lady: "Every time I sneeze I have an orgasm."
2nd lady: "Are you taking anything for it?"
1st lady: "Yes ..... Snuff."

You see, another homespun remedy.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Good one!