Do not buy from online Etsy!!
There is a dealer in Ukraine selling lots of used accordionsat a very low price. Stay away from this person.fooloshly I bought a chromatic accordion from him. The buttons on the left side are all smashed and the instrument has no reeds! How any accordion dealer thinks they have the right to off  load this junk is beyond me. Please stay far away!
(20-01-2020, 12:37 AM)Alans Wrote: There is a dealer in Ukraine selling lots of used accordionsat a very low price. Stay away from this person.fooloshly I bought a chromatic accordion from him. The buttons on the left side are all smashed and the instrument has no reeds! How any accordion dealer thinks they have the right to off  load this junk is beyond me. Please stay far away!

Alan,

It is a sad fact that some people these days buy and sell old accordions purely for their ornamental value. Perhaps the one you bought was offered for sale in that vein, or did they maybe send you the wrong one? 

I had a look on Etsy and as usual there are glowing reports of beautiful instruments with "great sound", possibly posted by friends and associates of the seller. 

Sorry if you have indeed been a victim of a scam, and thanks for warning us!
Buying online from sellers unknown to you is always risky, and doing it from sellers in other countries is even more risky. You need to use more trustworthy intermediaries. I have once bought an accordion through catawiki and there you pay the site and not the vendor and only when you confirm that the product you receive is as advertised does the vendor get paid. Other methods are using Paypal or buying from sites with an impeccable return policy.
For a used accordion there is only one somewhat safe method: an exchange in person after trying out the instrument. For instruments to be shipped long distance that is not feasible so I would shy away from these unless through services as mentioned above.
When a price is too good to be true then in almost all cases it is not true.
Paul De Bra (not Debra...)
http://www.de-bra.nl
Hi Alans,

Thanks for the warning! I'm sorry that you have fallen foul of a disreputable dealer, but pleased that you have shared your experience in order to benefit others.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Alan, what direction are you going with trying to get them to correct their sale?

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
Like anywhere else, there are good sellers and bad sellers. I bought an accordion from Ukraine and everything went fine. The instrument was as described, it came well packed. The only minor issue is that one of the bass reed blocks was dislodged in the transport, easy fix.
======================================
Playing diatonic and chromatic B-system, acoustic and Roland
Too many instruments to list  Big Grin