New from USA
Recently joined the Forum and this is my first post.  I live in MA, USA.  I used to play accordion in a band when I was younger, but now I am retired and play the piano accordion as a hobby.  I have played in a few Jam sessions over the years, but most of my gigs are in my living room.  I like many types of accordion music, but mainly like to play jazz and polka/waltzes especially Slovenian style.  I only have one accordion... a 40 year old Colombo (made by Bugari) with a Limex midi installed. It has 5 sets of treble reeds, so I can get plenty of different sounds out of it.  Its a little on the heavy side...32 pounds.  I also use a Casio M-10 keyboard mostly for Sllovenian style songs.  Frank Yankovic used an M-10 to get the Solovox sound.  My brother has been after me for a while to put out some videos on youtube...I guess so he can have some record of me playingSmile So, I finally figured out how to use my video cam and starting in Dec 2019I put out my first video ...White Christmas.  It looked OK, so I did several more after that.  I noticed several "clunkers", but hey I'm an amateur so left them in. Anyway, if you want to check it out go on youtube and enter George76 (no spaces).

Thanks and looking forward to sharing with other accordion players.
Hi George, welcome to the forum.
Looks like you’ve had a long history with the accordion and plenty of experience.
I’m looking forward to going over to YouTube to listen to your videos.
I too have a 5 voice instrument in my collection and indeed they are rather large.
1) Ballone Burini 46C (4+5) cassotto (LMMH) 3/3 PA; 2) Accordiola Piano V (5+5) cassotto (LMMMH) 3/3 PA;
3) Roland FR8X; 4) Hohner Vox 4k (LMMH) 3/3 CBA
G'day George and welcome! Wink

I took the time to check out your YouTube videos: man, I like your musical taste and repertoire. Great toe tapping stuff!

I particularly enjoyed the Old Oklahoma Walz and  the Slovene Walse: nicely played!
Thanks  Smile
Hi George,

A warm welcome to the forum, and best wishes for your retirement. I hope that you have fun with your PA, and that you will share those moments with the rest of us.

Kind Regards,

Stephen.
Thanks George, and welcome. Nice repertoire of old time and jazz. Good luck!
As an erstwhile Massachusetts resident myself, welcome to forum George!
Hi George, welcome to the forum!

Well played on the videos!

I keep a small digital diary of my musical exploits and discuss a lot about how to improve on making videos and recordings. Feel free to visit the link in my signature.

My musical memoires blog/website: http://www.AccordionMemories.com
Welcome Aboard!
Petosa AM-1100 LMMH, Borsini “Lars Ek Nostalgic” LMMM, "Nunziola" LMMH
(09-02-2020, 07:28 PM)Eddy Yates Wrote: It'd be nice if you just link your accordion stuff. A lot of political stuff is posted under your name as well. Thanks.

Eddy,

Not sure what you are referring to...this forum or youtube?  I have only made accordion videos on youtube and nothing else.  

Thanks, 

George
Yes, Eddy,
I too tried to track down the basis for your comment and came up empty  Huh
(11-02-2020, 09:14 AM)Dingo40 Wrote: Yes, Eddy,
I too tried to track down the basis for your comment and came up empty  Huh

I also looked around came up empty. Accordion info only.
(11-02-2020, 08:19 AM)GeorgeH76 Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 07:28 PM)Eddy Yates Wrote: It'd be nice if you just link your accordion stuff. A lot of political stuff is posted under your name as well. Thanks.

Eddy,

Not sure what you are referring to...this forum or youtube?  I have only made accordion videos on youtube and nothing else.  

Thanks, 

George
Sorry, George. Tried again and just good accordion music! Will go back and delete my comment so nobody is distracted.
Bugari “Blue 72”, Tiger Combo ‘Cordeon, Iorio Concert Accorgan G Series (electronics removed), Hohner 1974 Melodica (Piano 36)