Does anyone have tips on learning free bass?
Looks like challenge I would like to take, just for the kick of it! 

I saw some videos on Youtube but they are mostly from PA players who just discovered the C or B-griff layouts on the bass side!
======================================
Playing diatonic and chromatic B-system, acoustic and Roland
Too many instruments to list  Big Grin
Use CBA tutor R hand lessons on the L hand.
Use beginner piano books
Get/look at a button chart to find arpeggio/chord patterns - eg from D to D7 just add a button on the same line - df#a then c.
I'm sure you know this is a moveable pattern.
Look at a chord progression using just 2 notes from the chord on L hand
eg: part of Domino goes Em D D7 Am B7 Em
In C system you can do: eg, f#a, f#c, ac, bf#, egb with not much movement - don't suppose B system is much different.
Lars Holm produced some useful books aimed at youngsters - not cheap or easy to find.
Given you have the choice (ie on a 1XB) you might want to consider bass to high going floor to sky (bayan) or even the quint option.
I made a start with this but kept getting lost without marked buttons - was too cautious to swap the tops as others had had trouble getting them lined up again.
Hope this helps.
Richard
You can Google for the Mogens Ellegaard Comprehensive method for free bass accordion C-system. 
It's online on the web.
I'd love to see some videos of your progress if you're up for sharing. I sold my freebass box because it was just too heavy.
www.mudchutney.co.uk - folky music related clothing
Here's a link to the accordion themed clothing page: We have loads of Melodeon stuff too if you're a puller:pusher!)
https://www.mudchutney.co.uk/accordions

Well I don't intend to become an expert! I see some people playing the left hand as a second instrument! Not my ambition.
======================================
Playing diatonic and chromatic B-system, acoustic and Roland
Too many instruments to list  Big Grin