Cupboard Under The Stairs.
(1 hour ago)Eddy Yates Wrote: Yum....crumpets! What’s a crumpet?
Montana IS freezing in the winter, but it keeps the riffraff out. Or that’s what people say. I say there’s as high a percentage of riffraff here as anywhere. However, it has some of the best skiing ⛷ in the world. My youngest son is a skiing instructor.
Summers are very pleasant, as long as the whole place isn’t on fire, something we’re more likely to see unless....well, you know, I’m obeying the stricture against talking politics.
Right now, Spring, we’re as likely to see snow as we are 60 degrees and blue skies. 2 days ago I was out on the river catching big rainbow trout on a size 22 Parachute Adams...and thanks to our English brethren for the great tradition of fly fishing.
Okay we’ve gotten a bit far from the Accordion Under the Stairs, but that’s one comforting thing about being under quarantine. Another is the Quarantini, which my wife Patty and I have been making. It’s just like a martini, except that you drink it at home, alone.

Eddy,

As an Irish/Scotsman now living in England I'm not entirely sure what Stephen means by a crumpet either. In Scotland they are large sweet tasting flat pancake type things, but in Ireland, Wales (and probably England) they are described as a "small griddle cake". 

Even here, in such a small area as the UK, we have loads of different names for what essentially amount to the same thing. Where Stephen Hawkins lives in north west England, a bread roll is called a barm cake, but outside of that area you'd get a funny look if you asked for one. 

A local dish in the area where I now live (Birmingham, West Midlands) is called "faggots" (yes, really!) They are minced meat balls blended with mixed offal, and to those of us not brought up here they do indeed taste awful. I wouldn't even eat them for a dare. 

Only time I've ever been on skis was the cross country variety during my military service in Norway. We used 210cm "NATO" planks, and skiing for leisure was/is very much a pastime of the rich and famous here in those parts of Europe not blessed with sufficiently low temperatures to allow snow to lie for more than a few days at a time. 

Here in the UK a heavy snowfall brings the affected parts of the country to a standstill until the thaw comes, usually in a few days. We don't get enough of the stuff to justify investing in all the road clearing machinery they have elsewhere. Ask a Brit to put snow tyres on his car and you'll probably be sworn at.

My relatives in Ireland bought snow tyres one year and it never snowed. They've been looking for rain tyres for the last 25 years! 

I think they keep the old snow tyres in a cupboard under the stairs.