• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

A little nostalgic discovery

55 years is a healthy age for an accordion. Lots of development, and some of the most reputed accordions nowadays hail from that time.

i didn't realize you held the "A" title to that box..
it is a sweet one

the warranty is fun to ponder.. many competitors of the time
had "lifetime" warranties, especially accordion mill brands and companies that
expected to have a rather short "lifetime"

but who needs a warranty when something is actually BUILT well enough
to last a lifetime ?

i didn't realize you held the "A" title to that box..
it is a sweet one

the warranty is fun to ponder.. many competitors of the time
had "lifetime" warranties, especially accordion mill brands and companies that
expected to have a rather short "lifetime"

but who needs a warranty when something is actually BUILT well enough
to last a lifetime ?
Actually it was my Uncle's for the first part of its life. He ordered it from the Studio that was a few stores down from my dad's hardware store and was unable to pick it up when it came in as he was out on a cruise ship working. My dad was good friends with Tony, the studios owner, and picked it up and kept it until his return from the cruise. My uncle left me the accordion along with several others in his will and I had no idea that my dad had any paperwork on it. Finding this was a surprise. Life is weird sometimes.

Provenance is always important and adds a bit to the sentimentality of this accordion, and in some cases, even a little extra $$ value. :)

I found a nice pile of things in an older suitcase from my parents... lots of cool stuff and TONS of memories!
If you would like to read that blog entry on my website, HERE IT IS. :)

Back