• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Accordion Identification

Conrad

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got this Serenelli dirt cheap from an op shop. Works fine. Would anyone happen to know more about the model/year it’s from?

Cheers

Attachments

• FD895F85-EBBA-480F-B01B-5B49B2ADB589.jpeg
    FD895F85-EBBA-480F-B01B-5B49B2ADB589.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 14
  • ED4B118A-C4E7-4C11-AB46-6AF6C389601D.jpeg
    ED4B118A-C4E7-4C11-AB46-6AF6C389601D.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 14
  • B33EBAEE-A861-4AAF-BF48-E015CCBD520E.jpeg
    B33EBAEE-A861-4AAF-BF48-E015CCBD520E.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 14
It looks like a Serenelli. ;)

No, seriously. A an Italian Serenelli that is - afaik the brand name is plastered on generic Chinese-made accordion-shaped-objects these days.

Looks like a beginner model with only LM reeds.
Depending on the availability of good accordions and good accordion technicians in your area, it might be worth taking this to a tuner for a service, but there's a good chance the insides are falling apart.

It looks like a Serenelli. ;)

No, seriously. A an Italian Serenelli that is - afaik the brand name is plastered on generic Chinese-made accordion-shaped-objects these days.

Looks like a beginner model with only LM reeds.
Depending on the availability of good accordions and good accordion technicians in your area, it might be worth taking this to a tuner for a service, but there's a good chance the insides are falling apart.
Thanks!! I’m taking it to a local teacher who said she’d take a look and let me know if it could need a service. I took it apart yesterday to reattach a nut that fell of a bolt into the bellows (my fault for screwing around with it) and it looks beautiful inside! Hopefully it is in as good condition as I think it is, been an absolute joy to play, coming from piano I find it a very powerful instrument.

If everything is working beautifully and all it needs is a spot tuning and spot re-valve, this will make a good learner but you'll want more very quickly. Good to have a teacher who can advise you. Fwiw, Single M is all you need when you're starting, and LM, while not as nice sounding as on a bandoneon, packs some good punch.
Show us a photo of the insides ;)

How hard are accordions to come by in NZ by the way?

Back