• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Accordion Quartet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent project and website. I tried a couple of the recordings though only on small speakers. I liked the way Violentango built up the tension and I thought Chariots of Fire was very atmospheric, great stuff and outside of the normal run of the mill. Good luck with it. I'll listen to the rest.

So that's what el Companero should sound like.

Excellent work Pete, as usual

Enjoyed the Libertango as well as the other recordings.

Too bad that the recordings are so terribly distorted by using one very basic microphone and a laptop for the recording because the bad recordings really takes away from these talented players. Come one guys get a quality condenser microphone and a quality digital recorder and do it right! Also the recording room has too much reverberation bouncing off the walls.

As I said its a shame because the performance is great just the recording process spoils the enjoyment of listening.

I agree, for such a professional looking group you would expect a bit more professionalism in the recording. It's not so hard to do.

Glenn said:
I agree, for such a professional looking group you would expect a bit more professionalism in the recording. Its not so hard to do.

Thanks for the supporting comments. Several hours after making my posting i was rather concerned that i would be thrown out of this forum since i am newbe. HOwever i meant no disrespect to that group of excellent professional accordion players and its such a shame that their sound recording was not all that professional. Professional recording equipment is not all that expensive these days.

Sorry guys, must try harder. We do plan to have some proffessional

Oops finger trouble on my phone. We are planning better recordings to replace these, but its early days. P

OK, looking forward to some new high quality audio recordings. Video would also be nice to watch the quartet perform.

Piero, you can buy a half decent recorder for a couple of hundred pounds with integrated microphones which produce pretty good results that you can enhance in your laptop or pc. It's a good way to start rather than splash out on a studio session. I'm sure there is some young budding bedroom musicians that would love to record your ensemble for the price of a pint or two.

Thanks Glenn, I do have an open mind on the subject and always looking out for those opportunities. The idea of in house recording was just to give a sample of how we sound, it was the first experiment to record the quartet, perhaps I should have waited.

More importantly, the feedback I'm getting is that people like what we do, despite the technical issues. All comments are welcome.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back