• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Any fix for non adjustable wrist strap?

Jmcgsd

Reaction score
I just acquired my first PA in 60 years. It’s a little 48 Hohner VM. Love it except the non adjustable wrist strap is pretty tight. Has anyone come up with a quick fix for this issue?
Thx.
Joe

And if it's a Hohner with the belt ending under a metal plate on the exterior with two screws just undo screws and remove the plate on one end. You'll find that the belt has two holes for the screws about 5/8 inch from the end. Punch two new holes perhaps 3/16 farther from the end- they may overlap the existing holes a bit, fit the plate with the screws loosely over the end with the screws going through the new holes and then carefully replace the plate with the screw in the original holes in the wood. Tighten it snug.

I've never had an issue with the belt pulling out. Just as strong as holes in your belt- and that generally only has a single toungue.

It's an invisible fix.

It's amazing how big a difference that silly 3/16 makes in terms of feel. It'd be a couple of turns on an adjustment wheel.

And if it's a Hohner with the belt ending under a metal plate on the exterior with two screws just undo screws and remove the plate on one end. You'll find that the belt has two holes for the screws about 5/8 inch from the end. Punch two new holes perhaps 3/16 farther from the end- they may overlap the existing holes a bit, fit the plate with the screws loosely over the end with the screws going through the new holes and then carefully replace the plate with the screw in the original holes in the wood. Tighten it snug.

I've never had an issue with the belt pulling out. Just as strong as holes in your belt- and that generally only has a single toungue.

It's an invisible fix.

It's amazing how big a difference that silly 3/16 makes in terms of feel. It'd be a couple of turns on an adjustment wheel.
Thanks. Yes the bottom metal plate is secured be screws. I’ll remove it & take a look.
Joe

Back