• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Atlas 3/5 LMM double cassotto - with pics of inside.

• Thread starter Thread starter Jackflash
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jackflash

Long time lurker here. Im wondering if anyone could tell me a little more about my Atlas accordion or atlas in general. Ive come across many interesting facts in my research but there isnt much out there.

Atlas was a music/accordion store in Hicksville, NY which sold stencil models of guitars, accordions, etc.

Someone did a few unsavory things to this guy recently! Luckily nothing irreversible. Treble shifts are glued back on with gorilla glue, and a small amount of duct tape was holding the mic cable to the bellows inside. A couple reeds pins are missing, one valve is a replacement. Overall nothing major.

-They have two styles of writing the name. Possibly different eras? One is very script and the other block like (mine)
-The accordion or at least the shell was made by a FEDERFISA manufacturer which could be any number of makers. (has the button)
-Its not a century model? (ive seen this on a number of different configured atlas accordions. Mostly pearlized and later era stuff. Only a few with black celluloid)
-It has a LMM configuration with a double cassotto.
-The basoon and alto in the chamber sound sweet!
-The bass mech. is anodized Green.
-The reeds appear to be hand made / hand finished. They are also pinned!
-Shell appears to be a darker wood like mahogany
-7 Treble shifts / 5 bass (one is counterbass/bass notes only on the low reg)
-Palm shift master
-Mic system appears factory installed (older silver dollar transducers 4 treble / 4 bass)
-Has some rough areas but it plays well and in tune for the most part!

Thanks!

Attachments

• accordion.jpg
    accordion.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 739
  • WP_20150330_12_10_24_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150330_12_10_24_Pro.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 709
  • WP_20150330_12_33_55_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150330_12_33_55_Pro.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 714
  • WP_20150330_12_15_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150330_12_15_40_Pro.jpg
    505.7 KB · Views: 710
  • WP_20150330_12_19_16_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150330_12_19_16_Pro.jpg
    405.6 KB · Views: 709
I would like to see the inside of this accordion when you get a chance post some pictures.

Wow that looks like a well built accordion internally. I am sure the sound is equally as good in tone quality. Nice accordion.

Good shape, Clean, Hand made reeds, Low mileage, -- What more can you ask for. Like to try this one myself.

Thanks Jim and others. I do plan on bringing it by to have you take a look at it sometime soon. I do have one question in the meantime. What is the proper way to store this accordion. I play it daily but with the cassotto I'm not certain. I've read conflicting views. Thanks!

Accordions with tone chambers should be stored chin side up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back