• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Atlas accordion brand info

Ignacchitti

Reaction score
Any info on this particular accordion brand called Atlas?
A local and relatively famous accordion player called Bebe Kramer has switched from a Giulietti to an Atlas and this is a brand I was not acquainted with.
The model can be seen below:

C3%AA-Kramer_Foto-Bendita-Conte%C3%BAdo-e-Imagem_2.jpg

I have an Atlas, a student model with narrow keys, LM 41/120, it's called Sterling, it looks similar to Mr Kramer's, but it doesn't sound quite as full as Mr Kramer's, it's just a student model.
It is light and very well built, the reeds are of good quality. Unfortunately, I have not found any hint as to who made these instruments. I think the instrument are from the 60s/70s. It is the only one I came across so far, the brand is not widespread here.

Any info on this particular accordion brand called Atlas?
No specific information, just that it appears to be vintage (approximately late 1960s/early 1970s) and sounds a bit like Art van Damme's. 🤔🙂
There's several different (used) Atlas models displayed for sale and demonstrated on the Liberty Bellows website 🙂
They claim to be made in Italy.

Last edited:
I can say a brand is not important in accordion. The important part is specifications. There are a lot of brands not much known. However they are (were) very well built. For example, for over 5000 USD any accordion will be good. Doesnt matter the brand.

Back