• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

B Beat from M Live

Valski

Reaction score
I have searched for a device where you could import recorded backing tracks and play them back and have sheet music visible so that you might easily follow along with the tracks for a more professional performance. Most solutions give you part of the total experience, however they always seem to be missing an important component.

I saw a review for this on YouTube and it's very interesting, however it's from an Italian company with no presence in North America so it would be great if someone on this forum had tried this out and provided feedback applicable to the Roland Fr8x.

There are a number of separate tracks that can be played, a click track, a vocalist track that will show song lyrics, a guitar track with chords and a "keyboard" track with sheet music. All of this can apparently be fed into a mixer for a live show and this seems amazing for someone like me that uses backing tracks and occasionally performs with a vocalist and a guitar.

It all seems wonderful however even though the 800 Euro price tag is not too far out of reach, it is more money than I wish to spend on something that is possibly suitable to my requirements. The other thing that makes me a little bit uncomfortable is that the B Beat is not distributed by any dealers in North America and this lack of dealer support is an issue. Any feedback on the actual device and or possible alternatives would be greatly appreciated. 🤔

I may be seriously off on this one, but it looks SUPER overpriced for what it is supposed to do... at least the way I was seeing it in my head.

From their website:
Create your Backing Tracks with your Daw, and once you finish your studio work you are ready to transfer the music to B.Beat.
To do this an APP is included that is called B.Beat manager and runs on Windows PCs and Macs.
With the Manager you will assign outputs to the various tracks, and you can complete the editing by adjusting volumes as desired.

They have you doing ALL the work in your DAW. Fine. Why do I need them to output everything to separate tracks, adjust my volume and output it on their device? Why can I not create the backing tracks, set my audio levels for each track, output a single MP3 file and play that on my 8X?

It's so much less complex, easier, faster and... cheaper. :)

How I would see my process:
I record a full song on my accordion in reaper using tracks #1 and #2 (left and right)
I'd accompany myself on my accordion using different instruments on (let's say) 4 more channels, 3-6.
I would add a 1 measure intro, perhaps 2 drum sticks tapping out the beat
I'd balance it all out to sound awesome
I'd zero out the volumes of channels #1 and #2 and output a single MP3 file
I'd place the MP3 file on a USB stick and user the integrated player.

Almost done! Find the song in the 8X play list, hit play, wait for the drum stick beats and play along!
Done! Enjoy the extra 800 Euro in my pocket. :D :D

Oh wait, no 8x or you area an acoustic player? Any iPod outputted in to your sound system can do the same and those you can find on eBay for around $20 if you don't have one already.

Please let me know if I misunderstood what this product does in reference to how we would use this. :)

(edit: just may have stumbled on my next educational video... lol)

Last edited:
I may be seriously off on this one, but it looks SUPER overpriced for what it is supposed to do... at least the way I was seeing it in my head.

From their website:
Create your Backing Tracks with your Daw, and once you finish your studio work you are ready to transfer the music to B.Beat.
To do this an APP is included that is called B.Beat manager and runs on Windows PCs and Macs.
With the Manager you will assign outputs to the various tracks, and you can complete the editing by adjusting volumes as desired.

They have you doing ALL the work in your DAW. Fine. Why do I need them to output everything to separate tracks, adjust my volume and output it on their device? Why can I not create the backing tracks, set my audio levels for each track, output a single MP3 file and play that on my 8X?

It's so much less complex, easier, faster and... cheaper. :)

How I would see my process:
I record a full song on my accordion in reaper using tracks #1 and #2 (left and right)
I'd accompany myself on my accordion using different instruments on (let's say) 4 more channels, 3-6.
I would add a 1 measure intro, perhaps 2 drum sticks tapping out the beat
I'd balance it all out to sound awesome
I'd zero out the volumes of channels #1 and #2 and output a single MP3 file
I'd place the MP3 file on a USB stick and user the integrated player.

Almost done! Find the song in the 8X play list, hit play, wait for the drum stick beats and play along!
Done! Enjoy the extra 800 Euro in my pocket. :D :D

Oh wait, no 8x or you area an acoustic player? Any iPod outputted in to your sound system can do the same and those you can find on eBay for around $20 if you don't have one already.

Please let me know if I misunderstood what this product does in reference to how we would use this. :)
Thanks Jerry,

The feature that got my attention was the sheet music and vocal display where you can follow along with the backing tracks. I already use Audacity software to edit my backing tracks however if I get distracted it's not easy to determine exactly which part of the backing tracks are being played. This device appears to be overpriced, but it looks like a good method to manage backing tracks solo or for a small ensemble.
Also everyone claims that their solution is ideal and that it meets all of my requirements. Customer service and product support are also crucial, so other's experience with this specific vendor would be helpful.

Thanks Jerry,

The feature that got my attention was the sheet music and vocal display where you can follow along with the backing tracks.
Ah, ok, not something that I would normally need.
I already use Audacity software to edit my backing tracks however if I get distracted it's not easy to determine exactly which part of the backing tracks are being played. This device appears to be overpriced, but it looks like a good method to manage backing tracks solo or for a small ensemble.
I was thinking and I finally think I have just discovered my superpower... :D . I can be reading music, look up maybe smile at someone and come right back down to where I am playing... plus or minus a measure and just continue... LOL
Just don't make me talk, thats when hell breaks loose for me!
Also everyone claims that their solution is ideal and that it meets all of my requirements. Customer service and product support are also crucial, so other's experience with this specific vendor would be helpful.
True! I wish I had more to offer... but it seems my 2 cents was worth exactly that... haha!

Check out Soundslice. You can have annotated sheet music, even a video. You can change the tempo without changing pitch, and loop all or part. Could even line in to your Roland from your phone, to mix with your accordion sound. I've used it but don't know if there is a free version.

Check out Soundslice. You can have annotated sheet music, even a video. You can change the tempo without changing pitch, and loop all or part. Could even line in to your Roland from your phone, to mix with your accordion sound. I've used it but don't know if there is a free version.
Thanks Tom,

I'll check it out but it appears to be a learning application; I'm more interested in something for performing.

Thanks Tom,

I'll check it out but it appears to be a learning application; I'm more interested in something for performing.
Yeah, lot of work if someone hasn't made the song you want.... Maybe some karaoke app?

Yeah, lot of work if someone hasn't made the song you want.... Maybe some karaoke app?
I had seen the B Beat device on the internet and was hoping that someone from Europe on this forum might have some observations and comments.

A used one just recently sold on REVERB for ~ $850ca. I checked it out but it was a sale from Italy, unfortunately.

Was doing some browsing, looking around to see what I could find. Short of a few YouTube videos, there is not much info out there.

A used one just recently sold on REVERB for ~ $850ca. I checked it out but it was a sale from Italy, unfortunately.

Was doing some browsing, looking around to see what I could find. Short of a few YouTube videos, there is not much info out there.
Thanks for looking. It looks promising but not everything is going to be exactly as described. I really appreciate your guidance because you are very fluent with this kind of technology.

Hi. I’ve recently purchased a BBeat and it is great. I’m uploading to it from a laptop that doesn’t have an Ethernet port so I’ve connected a router into the BBeat Ethernet port and connected through that. The only issue is that I send over high res video and it plays back low res from the BBeat. Does anyone know if my set up is doing this or if the BBeat will only play low res?

Back