• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Can someone help me with a value?

judy4leafs

Reaction score
I'm not sure on which subject to ask this or if it's even appropriate. Is there someone that can help me with a value of an accordion? My mother-in-law recently passed and we found one in great condition in it's case

I'm not sure on which subject to ask this or if it's even appropriate. Is there someone that can help me with a value of an accordion? My mother-in-law recently passed and we found one in great condition in it's case
Pictures from inside as well as outside are needed to have a first rough idea of possible value.
In any case an accordion "found" in the belongings of a relative who passed away is very unlikely to be "in great condition". Sentimental value you attribute to this inheritance may not reflect in economic value.

Pictures from inside as well as outside are needed to have a first rough idea of possible value.
In any case an accordion "found" in the belongings of a relative who passed away is very unlikely to be "in great condition". Sentimental value you attribute to this inheritance may not reflect in economic value. RESPONSE: ZERO attachment. Just want to be respectful. Looking for a reasonable value and if it's worth next to nothing I value your opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_9359.jpg
    IMG_9359.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image2 (2).jpeg
    image2 (2).jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 27
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    378.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image0 (5).jpeg
    image0 (5).jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 39
  • image3 (2).jpeg
    image3 (2).jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 38
  • image2 (3).jpeg
    image2 (3).jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 31
  • image1 (3).jpeg
    image1 (3).jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image0 (6).jpeg
    image0 (6).jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 31
In any case an accordion "found" in the belongings of a relative who passed away is very unlikely to be "in great condition". Sentimental value you attribute to this inheritance may not reflect in economic value.
waiting for the pics to be approved by the moderator. I have ZERO sentimental attachment to the instrument. I am only trying to put it in good hands respectfully.

If you visit the Liberty Bellows accordion store website, they are happy to give a rough appraisal for free if you just fill out a form. If you pay them they'll give you a more detailed and accurate appraisal, which can be useful for insurance and inheritance legal work. Both options are pretty clear on the website. Finding the right buyer for an accordion can be quite a task... there are a lot of old accordions around, and not a lot of accordion players.

The accordion appears to be a full size (41/120) LMM box. Those are very common. They tend to go between $500 and $1000 depending on their condition. We cannot see the inside, so the accordion may need between $0 and $500 to bring it up to good condition.

Any chance you live or your mom in law lived around Dearborn Michigan?

The accordion appears to be a full size (41/120) LMM box. Those are very common. They tend to go between $500 and $1000 depending on their condition. We cannot see the inside, so the accordion may need between $0 and $500 to bring it up to good condition.
Thank you so much for your input!!

Google Tony Dannon. Amazing accordion player that had a school there with modern accordions like yours. Pretty good chance your mom in law took lessons from someone there.
A lot of the 4 reed professional models had the extended extra keys like van Damme liked. I believe they were friends, before my time. There are sone cool YouTube vids of them playing together.
Also I believe a lot of moderns were made by Borsini.

Back