• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Can someone provide additional info on my Sonola?

• Thread starter Thread starter yeschet
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yeschet

Hello. I was given a Sonola awhile back from a friend who is moving. And nothing is known by me of its history except that it came from an estate sale. Its a beautiful blue pearl finishing, and it still works except there are two dead keys. It says, in English, Made in Czechoslovakia. Next to that it says OTK70/10/11237/ . All the lettering is branded into the bottom. Any ideas on how old this thing is, or how much it might be worth? Im not looking to sell it, Im just curious. I have a lot of antiques and know the histories of most of them and Id love any insight, no matter how seemingly trivial, about this instrument.

Thank you in advance! I read up a bit about Sonolas history but any other details are appreciated.

center>rmH3PQ9.jpg

center>awQSy9T.jpg

Seems a pity to leave your post without a reply, but I only have generalities to add! Looks like Sonola is a long standing and respectable make with a current Italian website and an address in Castelfidardo.

The general look and "transistor radio" styling of your accordion, and estimated dates of similar looking larger Sonolas suggests it's 1960s.

Twelve bass accordions are not very sought after, being seen either as absolute beginners instruments which will quickly be musically outgrown, or they can sometimes be used as a niche instrument for playing a certain type of music, perhaps for dancing, where portability is crucial.
If yours was in tune and playing nicely it might be worth about £100. Needing work, its market value is very little. Its future as a playing instrument would depend on goodwill, either someone paying more than it's worth to have the work done, or an amateur doing it without charge.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, it is appreciated.

Sometimes it's a while before someone answers... maybe because we don't know and wait for someone who does.

Soulsaver said:
Sometimes its a while before someone answers... maybe because we dont know and wait for someone who does.
...or someone who doesnt know, but replies anyway! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back