• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

COTATI Accordion festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jerry! A lot of good stuff on there. Michael Bridge is a guy I'd never heard of, but what a player! Never heard a Chinese player on CBA, but I have now. Finnish girl was great as well.
Also enjoyed Jelena Milojevic from Serbia ( I am obviously biased towards CBA players). A real feast of talent there. Never knew where Cotati was so I had to look it up. I have a cousin in San Jose, just 90 miles away from Cotati, but unfortunately she isn't into accordions at all.

It's a well put on event with several vendors.

You never know who will show up in the jam tent so take your box if you want.

I took a comfortable chair and got there early for one of the nice shady spots after the first year. It can be warm!
Unfortunately it's been since 2010 for me, it's a long drive. So things may have changed sum.

In my opinion this is a great event! I have been going the last few years and love every minute of it. It is worth the trip every time. I travel from the east coast to the west coast and make a vacation out of it. The people genuinely like, and enjoy accordion music and accordions. They consistently have great accordionists, and through the years have had great talent including Art van Damme , Frank Marocco, Dick Contino, etc. I would recommend it to anyone. They have multiple stages and constantly have acts all day. All different types of music- modern to classical to jazz to Cajun to "rock" and everything in between. It is well run, and just a great bunch of people. There are vendors who are accordion knowledgeable and you can try all different brands, models, old and new. (From Roland to some of the classics.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back