• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Crucianelli junior (LM) - is it possible to change the RH registers?

Robin

Reaction score
Hello there,

I came across an add for a Crucianelli Junior accordion. I'm interested in the fact that it seems to be quite compact and light, while still having 120 bass & a LM setting on the right side. But I've noticed the RH registers only give 2 options: M & LM (see picture attached). Is it possible to modify this so that it's possible to use the L voice on its own? I'm guessing one would need to add a stop register for the L voice + modify the register switch mechanism. Is that feasible? Or too much trouble?

Thanks for your help!

Robin

Attachments

• 439491902_458272303464841_2453496898426454829_n.jpg
    439491902_458272303464841_2453496898426454829_n.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 10
In order to check whether that is possible you need to remove the grille.
If under the grille there are two register sliders, one for M and one for L, then the modification is possible. If, however, there is just one slider, for the L (to enable and disable it) then the modification is not possible. When there is no register slider for the switches to enable/disable M then likely there is also no register slider under the reed blocks for the M reeds.

You could technically retrofit a slider. Plenty of melodeonists do that kind of thing to their instruments. The problem is that it would probably be more trouble than it's worth, and it would be better just to get a box that already has a bassoon coupler built in!

You could technically retrofit a slider. Plenty of melodeonists do that kind of thing to their instruments. The problem is that it would probably be more trouble than it's worth (...)

Hey! I'm aware of the technical possibility. But I doubt it would be as straightforward on a chromatic accordion, as it can be on a melodeon.

(...) it would be better just to get a box that already has a bassoon coupler built in!

It would be ideal, of course! But trickier than it sounds in practice. Two voice LM instruments seem to be rather rare amongst Belgian chromatic accordions. I've only come across one example, and it wasn't for sale, unfortunately... But I'll keep looking ;-)

Back