• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Dale Wise of Accordions Plus

Caps

Reaction score
I was sad to hear that Dale Wise passed away 26 August. I believe there will be a private service for his immediate family. Dale was a nice man and will be greatly missed. This information came from a message from the Washington Metro Accordion Society this morning.
He taught a lot of students, Hosted numerous workshops and presentations to encourage a love for accordions. Re-habed old accordions for students and did general repairs as well. This was his website: https://accordionplus.com/

I went to YouTube and typed in "Dale Wise" to see if there was anything there about him and to my surprise I found about a dozen videos. A few of them were from 17 years ago and the most recent was two years ago. Interesting and well worth the search for me.

About 20 years ago, I attended one of Dale’s basic accordion seminars, held in his home. His “classroom” was filled with accordions and accordion components. And his house was a virtual shrine to the instrument. There were accordions on display in every room. He was patient and a gentleman, and notably generous with his knowledge.

Dale was musically generous, always upbeat, an educator for all and mentor to many.
He co-founded at least three, possibly more, accordion clubs in the mid-Atlantic (Baltimore, DC, and WV) and then, supported members of those accordion clubs individually and collectively. He reached hundreds of us personally and professionally. He actively encouraged me when we met after I returned to playing accordion seven years ago.

Back