• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Excelsior bass lever/switch?

nagant27

Reaction score
IMG_5312.jpeg
Any idea what this “lever” is for on the bass side? I only have this picture but I will see it in person later this week. All I know It is “locked” and doesn’t move anything. It is an excelsior symphony grand 140 bass. Also the bellows appear to be glued to the bass side and dont separate like they should. .

IMG_5312.jpeg
Any idea what this “lever” is for on the bass side? I only have this picture but I will see it in person later this week. All I know It is “locked” and doesn’t move anything. It is an excelsior symphony grand 140 bass. Also the bellows appear to be glued to the bass side and dont separate like they should. .
It looks unusable.

So after a lot of work I got the registers working. I had to take apart the entire bass machine snd the registers. Figured I’ll replace the leathered felt under the pallets since I’m there any way. That’s the next project.
Turns out it’s a master switch for the bass. Never saw that on an excelsior symphony before. It’s like the bass master switch on the AC models.

Back