• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Forum does not believe I have given my location

xocd

Reaction score
I entered my location. It even shows on my posts! Still my front page still complains that I need to give my locations.

Not a big deal, or any sort of deal, but it is confusing to us detailed-oriented types.

I.

I entered my location. It even shows on my posts! Still my front page still complains that I need to give my locations.
Not a big deal, or any sort of deal, but it is confusing to us detailed-oriented types.
I.
Do you see this:
"If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc.Thanks"

I see this all the time. From the words "If you haven't done so already" I figured it was just a general reminder, not directed at any one person.

JKJ

Do you see this:
"If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc.Thanks"

I see this all the time. From the words "If you haven't done so already" I figured it was just a general reminder, not directed at any one person.

JKJ
I've had no luck in adding. My location tried several times no success

If this is the message you are seeing you can dismiss it and it won't come back again šŸ‘

If this is the message you are seeing you can dismiss it and it won't come back again šŸ‘

Ok, this is what I see every time. Exactly how do I dismiss it? i tried touching it on my iPad and holding my finger on it which did nothing. Can the message be dismissed another way or on another device? (keep in mind Iā€™m not the brightest light in the candelabra!

IMG_0400.jpeg

By the way, this forum is great: educational, inspiring, and often entertaining!

JKJ

(OP) On my login screen, on the right, in a box labeled account progress, it says 70%, and a missing check mark by "added location".

As I said, it's not a big deal, but ...

If some kind person would explain exactly how to put the location it would be appreciated .

many thanks

If some kind person would explain exactly how to put the location it would be appreciated .

many thanks
Click your name at the top of the forum near "Search", then select "Account Details".
1724440991712.png

Scroll down and you'll find the "Location" Field.
1724441084081.png

Ok, this is what I see every time. Exactly how do I dismiss it? i tried touching it on my iPad and holding my finger on it which did nothing. Can the message be dismissed another way or on another device? (keep in mind Iā€™m not the brightest light in the candelabra!
I did it on my computer. There should be an "X" you can click on to dismiss the nag message.
(OP) On my login screen, on the right, in a box labeled account progress, it says 70%, and a missing check mark by "added location".

Not sure why you're isn't working. I'll have to look into it further when I get a chance.

Darn, you are lucky.
progress.png

Same for me. It is not very noticeable or expected. Maybe one could add a line to the banner message "(Click on X to dismiss)".

1724460385795.png
I've added the "Click X to dismiss" line as suggested (y)

It appears that the add-on that provides this functionality isn't compatible with the latest level of forum software we are using. I've disabled it while I wait to see if it gets updated.

I've added the "Click X to dismiss" line as suggested (y)

It appears that the add-on that provides this functionality isn't compatible with the latest level of forum software we are using. I've disabled it while I wait to see if it gets updated.
Hi Knobby ,thanks for the update ,I tried several times today to try and add my location without any success ...............p!ease let us all know when it is sorted out.
Many thanks...

Hi Knobby ,thanks for the update ,I tried several times today to try and add my location without any success ...............p!ease let us all know when it is sorted out.
Many thanks...
I see my location has been successful thanks

Back