• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Giulietti Name Plate Question

TonyChicago

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

When did Giulietti go with the large G on the nameplate area (not grille) and who made those boxes?

Thank you

Hi,

When did Giulietti go with the large G on the nameplate area (not grille) and who made those boxes?

Thank you
I have one of these, a model F74.🙂
It's only an LMH, and from the l970s I think.
From what's been said on the forum, the Giulettis with the large letter G were made by Zero Sette.
I've had mine (second hand) since the early 1980s and it's never had any problems whatsoever.🙂
One thing that immediately strikes one about this particular model is the extra large air vent (the air button itself is of normal size).

Thank you for answering my question. I appreciate it. Would you consider that a student line accordion or is it a ProLine accordion?

I don't think it has superior quality reeds but the design, build, quality control, fit ( it's an adult size 41/140, yes140) and durability are all excellent!🙂

One of my teachers played exclusively Giulietti accordions. I tried to play his a few times years ago, but it was a custom left hand free bass so I couldn't really get into it. I seem to remember that the keyboard felt a bit funny to me. He had the top of the line box because he recorded with Leon Sash and he was Leon's best student so he always got the best accordions from Julio.

You're giving me too much credit!😀
I'm nowhere near good enough a player to notice something like that!🙂
How is that letter G attached to the box? Is it glued or screwed on? I think it detracts from the looks personally.

Back