• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Giulietti Triple Cassotto

Ignacchitti

Reaction score
Hi all,

I found this model today, kinda interesting!

Very unique one, as it has 2 bassoon reeds inside cassotto, and one clarinet reed inside cassotto too!

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

(Other pictures in the link: https://www.libertybellows.com/shop...740E-Piano-Accordion-LLM-41-140-x85647084.htm)

It caught my eye that this is the usual Serenelli-era symbol (the treble clef) used in earlier Giuliettis. Not the F cleff used in Zero-Sette era ones. But the engraving on the inside (in the cassotto) says Zero Sette! 🤔
Any thoughts on that?

Also, I had never seen one where the reeds are covered by solid wood casing... Wonder why.

Also, any experience with 2-bassoon cassotto models?
I have seen/heard Cavagnolo and Gadji with 2 bassoon reeds in cassotto but their design is a bit different anyway, the tone is not the same, I imagine...

(PS: not doing an ad for Liberty Bellows, I never purchased from them and don't know enough about them to endorse on criticize).

I wonder what the two black dots mean (under the "bass" and the "band" on the coupler switches?🤔🙂
The duplicate bass and band switches have no dots.🤫
I highly suspect that the two dots are supposed to indicate that the second bassoon is being used instead of the first one.
At any rate, register switches for accordions with 2 bassoon reeds are difficult to label and some companies mis-named and mis-represented them. From what is drawn there in those images it would look like there is no switch for 2 bassoons together, but I am sure one of them is just that!

According to the Libertybellows site the accordion is LLM, which means that on each side of the cassotto there is 1 1/2 reed block. It starts with a half block with the reeds facing towards the sound-exit, hence the solid wooden plates we see, which is just the back side of the reed block that has reeds on only one side.
Interesting to see that this accordion made by Zero Sette has the treble clef logo previously used by Serenelli. Note that afaik the newer Giulietti accordions made by Zero Sette have a logo that represents a G (for Giulietti), not an F clef which looks a bit like an upside down G.

Last edited:
I was a bit underwhelmed by the tone of the second bassoon.
Even though both are in the tone chamber, the first one sounds considerably better.
To me the second one sounds like it's not positioned the same way, but rather like it's positioned the way a clarinet usually is (closer to the "mouth" end of the cassotto). Therefore having a less mellow and a brighter tone, as @debra usually points out when comparing bassoon and clarinet positions.

Must be very rare, and looks like business, but half the fun in a normal chambered box comes from combining the timbres of chambered vs non-chambered reeds. All in cassotto will severely lack high partials I'd think.

Oh, and have fun tuning it! :poop:

Back