• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Hello from Suzhou, China

Mr. Hyde

Reaction score
Hi accordionists!

It's a great surprise to find this forumn while googling something else...

I'm in my 20s and started to learn accordion in kindergarten! In some regions of China, every teacher in kindergarten must be able to play kindergarten to get his/her job, for the purpose of leading a chorus in class. So, a lot of little children like me became young accordion learners.

Unfortunately I stopped playing when I entered secondary school. Then I played in a band in college for a while and stopped again...

Now I've been working for two years and really miss the old guy every time I'm worn out. So I bought a digital one recently and come back again! The digital accordion allows me to practice in my apartment at any time without annoying my neighbours. It's such a relief to enjoy mindfulness when practicing.

Really happy to be here!

Hi accordionists!

It's a great surprise to find this forumn while googling something else...

I'm in my 20s and started to learn accordion in kindergarten! In some regions of China, every teacher in kindergarten must be able to play kindergarten to get his/her job, for the purpose of leading a chorus in class. So, a lot of little children like me became young accordion learners.

Unfortunately I stopped playing when I entered secondary school. Then I played in a band in college for a while and stopped again...

Now I've been working for two years and really miss the old guy every time I'm worn out. So I bought a digital one recently and come back again! The digital accordion allows me to practice in my apartment at any time without annoying my neighbours. It's such a relief to enjoy mindfulness when practicing.

Really happy to be here!

Good to see you here and welcome.

It will be great to have your input.

Welcome.
Is it becoming common for players to choose a digital accordion and is there a lot of choice?
I'm not so sure though. I guess not so common because of the price gap between digital and traditional ones.
And there seems not so many choices. I asked several Roland stores in and near my city and guess what? They are not insterested in selling accordions in China.

Back