• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks

Hello I am new - Looking for valuation

Clutter_Kings

Reaction score
Hi my name is Mike and I live in Medicine Hat Alberta Canada. I know very little about the accordion. But I have four and I want to learn about them. Are they old, are they common? I’m selling them but I want to learn about them first. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4411.jpeg
    IMG_4411.jpeg
    596.4 KB · Views: 61
Welcome Mike! In my humble opinion these are not old in accordion years nor are they uncommon. That said, they seem to be very nice Italian made accordions with either three or two (Marco) treble reed setups. (Unless they are clever imitations which is impossible to say from the photo). If I were to pick one to treasure it would be the Camillo. The value and asking price to an accordion player will be dependent on the condition of the internal parts. Other people in here may give you an idea of what they think they are worth. I will not because there are so many factors and much depends on the market they are offered in. I have no idea about the accordion market in Medicine Hat but I envy you for being in Alberta, where I will be visiting later this year. Good luck!!!!!

Welcome Mike! In my humble opinion these are not old in accordion years nor are they uncommon. That said, they seem to be very nice Italian made accordions with either three or two (Marco) treble reed setups. (Unless they are clever imitations which is impossible to say from the photo). If I were to pick one to treasure it would be the Camillo. The value and asking price to an accordion player will be dependent on the condition of the internal parts. Other people in here may give you an idea of what they think they are worth. I will not because there are so many factors and much depends on the market they are offered in. I have no idea about the accordion market in Medicine Hat but I envy you for being in Alberta, where I will be visiting later this year. Good luck!!!!!
Thank you, I look forward to hearing what others say as well! I don’t think the market is strong here at all

Any help is appreciated.
Hi Mike!🙂
Accordions can take a very long time to sell: it helps a lot to be (very) flexible on asking price: be prepared to haggle!🙂
These units are quite nice for what they are (providing they are in reasonable playing condition) but they are no "Rembrandts in hiding ", so top dollar would only be a few hundred dollars at most and less for a quick sale.
I'd say they are from the 1950s/1960s.
Be careful of bumps (falls can be fatal), inexperienced picking up (people are prone to either picking them up by the keys or snagging the shoulder straps under the protruding key ends, thus bending the keys out of place), damp or dusty storage, moth attacks on the many parts made of felt.
Good luck!🙂

Last edited:
Hi Mike!🙂
Accordions can take a very long time to sell: it helps a lot to be (very) flexible on asking price: be prepared to haggle!🙂
These units are quite nice for what they are (providing they are in reasonable playing condition) but they are no "Rembrandts in hiding ", so top dollar would only be a few hundred dollars at most and less for a quick sale.
I'd say they are from the 1950s/1960s.
Be careful of bumps (falls can be fatal), inexperienced picking up (people are prone to either picking them up by the keys or snagging the shoulder straps under the protruding key ends, thus bending the keys out of place), damp or dusty storage, moth attacks on the many parts made of felt.
Good luck!🙂
I will have to take a closer look at them. When I do sell them, I don’t know how to describe them, I don’t know where to list them other than eBay I guess

I don’t know how to describe them, I don’t know where to list them
Well, you can start by saying they are all piano accordions made in Italy in the 1950s or 1960s.
List them by maker, add all have 3 voices
(except the Marco, which has two voices). Add the number of treble keys and bass buttons. Add the keyboard lengths (outermost edges of outermost white keys).
Add weight (in lbs or kilos).
Add number of treble and bass couplers .
Include at least one clear picture of the front and the back.
Sound all keys and buttons pulling and pushing: mention any ( numbers) not working properly.
You can also list on Facebook.
Think of a number, add $50 .
Be prepared to consider offers
List!😄
Good luck!🙂

Well, you can start by saying they are all piano accordions made in Italy in the 1950s or 1960s.
List them by maker, add all have 3 voices
(except the Marco, which has two voices). Add the number of treble keys and bass buttons. Add the keyboard lengths (outermost edges of outermost white keys).
Add weight (in lbs or kilos).
Add number of treble and bass couplers .
Include at least one clear picture of the front and the back.
Sound all keys and buttons pulling and pushing: mention any ( numbers) not working properly.
You can also list on Facebook.
Think of a number, add $50 .
Be prepared to consider offers
List!😄
Good luck!🙂
Thank you very much

The Marco looks like it actually might be German. It looks very similar to the accordions coming out of Klingenthal.

I kinda don’t think it’s Czech, but this guy does, he also is asking a healthy price for it. Not sure I would pay that much for this one without seeing, hearing and playing it in person.

Last edited:

I kinda don’t think it’s Czech, but this guy does, he also is asking a healthy price for it. Not sure I would pay that much for this one without seeing, heating and playing it in person.
well spotted.. it even has the oval plate on the bass side

the German stuff i notice a small offset on the lowest and highest keys
typically, and the shallow curve of the tips also suggests eastern europe
to me

his little gold one though has been used a lot, as evidenced
by all the dings on the metal grill, but the bellows look
re-taped and the keys were polished out too i would guess,
so it may be worth squeezing

the camillo could be a more recent vintage, as the keys
do look like Lucite, and the bling as commonly seen on this brand
has a modern flair

the Guerrini and the Frontalini are just junkers IMHO

Well it does say Made in Czechoslovakia but that could be a ruse????

It could be, if someone that was clueless is just selling it, or it could be genuine if there was a “made in CZ” somewhere inside?

Reactions: Tom
Back