• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Help finding a tuner near Western NY

JudithSMonro

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a Western NY accordion player in the Roxy's Accordion Band which is kind of based around the Batavia area. I have several keyboard acoustic accordions, one of which needs some repairs, and I am hoping to find someone who is able to do some tuning closer to me than Toronto or Philadelphia. There used to be people in Syracuse NY and Binghamton PA, but I think they are gone now. I was hoping the site's dealer map might have some suggestions but have not figured out how to get into that. I have also been a piano teacher for very many years and play organ and harpsichord also. Email to cmonroj1@rochester.rr.com would be preferred.

A forum member put together a spreadsheet of accordion shops in the US and Canada. There are several in New York.

US and Canadian Accordion Shops

Here is the original discussion:

Thank you for a helpful, informative, and prompt reply. I started checking out the accordionist forum when I heard the rumor about the dealer list. I joined up to get to that, but the site would not let me in there - perhaps I was too fast trying. I have gotten in now and will check the NY places as soon as I can free up some time. There are only a few to try though anywhere near here. It would be wonderful if your info included a few more details about types and services but contact info by itself will be a whole lot better than nothing. I grew up near Philly and occasionally visit friends there, but it is still a long trip for me.

Back