• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

i came across a magnacord princess accordian the other day

• Thread starter Thread starter bobmcgee
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobmcgee

I dont know if this is allowed but i was wondering if anyone could give me an approximate value. I couldnt find any information on these online. I came accross it at an auction. I appreciate any info anyone could share with me. Thanks bob

May be happy to help - but we need a picture or two.

Sure i will try. Thank you for your response :)

Attachments

• 2016-04-02-18-59-20.jpg
    2016-04-02-18-59-20.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 933
  • 2016-04-02-18-59-15.jpg
    2016-04-02-18-59-15.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 931
Has anyone ever seen one of these ? Ive only found one referenced on the internet. Is it just a cheap generic brand?

I don't know that make, but it wasn't a 'great' but it is a 3voice treble 4 voice bass 41/120 instrument, lkely Italian, good student level in its day. With a name like Princess it's likely to be narrow keys, lady's/student model. Auction boxes usually need between some... and a lot of work. You don't say where it is, US?

Im sorry yes im in the central united states. I appreciate your information. Before i sold it i just wanted to make sure it wasnt a super nice one and i didnt give it away because i couldnt find it anywhere. I put it out there for 300 and have a couple people that want to look at it. Thanks again for your insight soulsaver. Bob

Yep, I'd say that wouldn't be far out.

I've had a similar-looking "Contello". Like yours, this was likely a U.S. export brand for some Italian manufacturer with a different name in Europe. Mine was three-reed without tremolo, 4 reeds in the bass, leather valves, good shape, sweet sound. I bought (and sold) it for more than your price though, but as I said, it was in good shape and tune.

The main thing is to bring it back into musicians' hands. Instruments want to get played.

Thank you for the additional info. I might try it for a bit more in that case, it is in beautiful shape, sounds good too tho im not an expert so it might need to tuning. Thanks again for the help. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back