• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

I did that - CD and tunebook of new English and European Folk dance tunes

drsqueezyface

Reaction score
You might like this new CD.
Played by Becky Price and Friends. New English and European FOlk dance music. Waltzes, mazurkas, Hornpipes, polkas and Reels.
CD available as down load or real CD and the accompanying tune book available with 79 new tunes in ti, inlcuding the ones from the CD. PM me for details

Oooh, I like the tune at around 0:44! Is that one of the mazurkas?
Jeff and everyone, thaks for your positive reaction. The tune at 0.44 is called Sarahs birthday waltz, written for my daughter when she was 15. It is one of the tunes oin the accompanying tune book that contains all of these tunes ( but not arrangements) and others as well. We will be doing accordion band arrangements of some of the tunes over the coming months.. when I am little less busy with the day job...

You might like this new CD.
Played by Becky Price and Friends. New English and European FOlk dance music. Waltzes, mazurkas, Hornpipes, polkas and Reels.
CD available as down load or real CD and the accompanying tune book available with 79 new tunes in ti, including the ones from the CD. PM me for details

I just got the tune book and CD from Derek. Really well done and a fabulous resource!

Sounds great. I don't know anyone that owns a CD player but if you put it on streaming and sure you'll get loads of interest! Love the strings..
I have a cd player in my car which does not have Bluetooth for my phone, and when cell service is not available anyway. Much better than those new modern digital cars. Not sure if I would even call them cars. 🤣🤣

Sounds great. I don't know anyone that owns a CD player but if you put it on streaming and sure you'll get loads of interest! Love the strings..

Yikes, most people I know have CD players (does that date us? :))
I think I have about 4 and all my DVD players, including those in three computers, will play CDs. It's easy to rip a CD to a digital file if you prefer that.

What scares me about streaming (especially movies) is they can go away at any time. With a "hard copy" CD and DVD library some service's whim can't take them away. I buy both CDs and DVDs often.

JKJ

Fellow Accordionastas.. to answer your questions:
1) the CD is available on spotify and other streaming platforms, or, you can download it from dropbox if you send me your details etc., that is how I got it ot jeff so quickly.
2) strings are provided by RichaRd HEacock and Matt Coatsworth - 2 English folk fiddle palyers that I ahve had the pleasure to play wioth for a number of years, Slide guitar is Richard Cox Smith, again a great friend.
3) Feedback from others is that they like the CD in the car as their current favourite driving CD- good for when you are stuck in traffic jams...
Derek

To my ears the problem with downloading and streaming is the loss of fidelity due to compressions ad imperfect transmission/reception.
And when the mains electricity supply gets interrupted and/or I am away from such supply, my portable player and good headphones are there for my pleasure.

The CD is apparently available from Wild Goose Studios in the UK for about $21 shipped to USA. Is it available yet in the USA?

JKJ

The CD is apparently available from Wild Goose Studios in the UK for about $21 shipped to USA. Is it available yet in the USA?

JKJ
As far as I am aware it is available through amazon, or download via spotify etc. I can send a copy over or you can download from my drop box, or uy from myself or the studio. We don't have a formal USA agent/outlet. The tunebook is only available from me as it was too difficult to find a seller for a limited book such as this. Happy to send one if youo PM me. Derek

Back