• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Identification of Paolo Soprani needed

skron

Reaction score
Hi to all!
I'm new member but old accordionist :) . I own this mysterious old lady for which my plan is proper restoration. It's already done by professional repairer but not up to my standards, especially keyboard which is very complex because of the specific instrument construction. Serial number is 12xx (it's not by me right now) so I assume that's from 60s. But which model??? Couldn't find it in any catalogs or leaflets. It is 41 key, LMMH with cassotto, 120b, 5 voices at bass side, with G-reed block (on top of others). All 4 voices on the keyboard side are in cassotto! Which lead some professional repaireres to point out that I don't have idea of what I'm talking about! But it's strange, specific instrument with very mild and rich tone. Ideal for jazz style music. No additional tone modifiers like sordina etc. The pictures are attached. If someone knows the model and year of production, I will be very grateful. Especially because I'll need either to do general bellow overhaul (corner skins became porous but no other mechanical defects) or replacement. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-20240525-WA0002~2.jpg
    IMG-20240525-WA0002~2.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20240525-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240525-WA0001.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back