• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Identification Request

Cheryl

Reaction score
Good morning,

I am hoping that someone would be kind enough to identify an accordion that I have recently purchased from a local car boot sale.

It is in a hard grey case. There are no makers marks or model numbers that I can see, but that said, I don’t even know if I looked in the right places!

It all seems in tact, but the leather strap is peeling.

I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Kind regards,

Cheryl

Attachments

• IMG_3165.jpeg
    IMG_3165.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3164.jpeg
    IMG_3164.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    25.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3167.jpeg
    IMG_3167.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3168.jpeg
    IMG_3168.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3169.jpeg
    IMG_3169.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 26
Your photos are VERY low resolution, so it’s hard to tell much. It’s a small student model. Since no brand takes credit for it, it may be impossible to tell what factory it came from. But it also doesn’t matter very much. What matters is how it’s been treated over the years, and what condition it’s in. Better pictures might let an expert here give an opinion as to whether it comes from Germany or Italy or elsewhere.

It's a small Chinese one - not particularly special in any way shape or form, but a decent instrument for learning on nonetheless! I started on a similar model, and they are good, solid instruments. They're not nearly as good as German or Italian boxes obviously, but as long as everything works then you can't really go wrong with them!

Back