• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Is this gap too big?

A speculative buy (aka dirt cheap!) arrived with two bass reed blocks rattling about loose, presumably liberated in transit.
Remedial tweaking got me to this, just needs a tiny bit more finessing although it does actually play fine.

Attachments

• IMG_2053.jpeg
    IMG_2053.jpeg
    387.8 KB · Views: 16
Not that I've any plans to tune my own accordion, but those reeds look like they had lead/zinc weights. How would you tune it? By removing/adding material from the weight?

A speculative buy (aka dirt cheap!) arrived with two bass reed blocks rattling about loose, presumably liberated in transit.
Remedial tweaking got me to this, just needs a tiny bit more finessing although it does actually play fine.
Good job. I hope you do realize that where the reed was bent is now a weak spot.
So don't be surprised if this reed breaks, maybe a year from now, maybe five years... but before any of the other reeds break.

Back