• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Italian masterpieces for accordion alone

Joseph A

Reaction score
I have purchased many books for Italian music- many contain classical pieces; however, I’m looking for Italian masterpieces created for the accordion. The internet doesn’t list any- I’ve encountered arias, operas, and music- but sheet music masterpieces for accordion is what I’m looking for- Can anyone help out?

Welcome Joseph!

What do you mean by “masterpiece” I guess is the issue. Much of the famous Italian accordion music is dance music, with pieces by such masters as Casadei (Romagna Mia), Gigi Stok or Castellina Pasi (Lupin).

Something tells me, however, you are seeking virtuosic music which is technically challenging with lots of notes, served up Italian style.

Maybe if you were to give some direction and examples from other countries, we could help….

Good luck!

Hiya!

The music on the internet and Amazon doesn’t expand upon known operas, Italian popular songs and such…. I’ve heard other accordionists playing titles from Italy I’ve never seen in print… Right hand and left hand playing so well…. I’m looking for these Italian pieces. I keep buying and buying and the music is intermediate at best.

Hiya!

The music on the internet and Amazon doesn’t expand upon known operas, Italian popular songs and such…. I’ve heard other accordionists playing titles from Italy I’ve never seen in print… Right hand and left hand playing so well…. I’m looking for these Italian pieces. I keep buying and buying and the music is intermediate at best.
I will for those you’ve suggested too. I’m a pianist too- I play the complete Hanon exercises every morning as a startup before playing piano music and accordion

Check out "Italian Songs and Arias for Accordion" by Gary Dahl. Available through Amazon or Mel Bay site. I'd guess intermediate to advanced level.

Back