• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Janko/Uniform/Isomorphic conversion projects

Reaction score
Hello, all. Just wrote an extensive draft and lost it....Don't get old!
I have nearly completed the "Jankolpitts" conversion of a nice, older and restored 2-voice, 3-octave harmonium (Indian hand-pumped table organ.) As always with my conversions, totally reversible and non-destructive to the nice vintage instrument. Should be playable by Saturday.
Even more exciting to me, in the long haul, is a rather higher-end (to me, at least) Giulietti 41-key piano accordion with.....drum roll....Moschino free bass left hand! Very nice lightweight (probably student model) that I hope will let me expand as far as my musical interests can take me, and still be a portable acoustic package. I won't pick it up untill mid-month, and will get right to work on it. On this one I will be as careful as I can, since I intend to play it all the time, at least while I struggle with the new left hand. With luck, it might sound (the instrument, of course not my skill!) like Danil's Logicordeon (see Danil Denisov's work on Janko Keyboard Facebook group, if you are interested) save for the non-Stradella left. Anyway, it'll be less than half the cost of that lovely instrument, so it feeds the addiction on a budget! As usual, my conversion will probably cost about $20 US, plus the instrument, and might take about 4-6 hours of slow, deliberative hobby-shopping. But if I really fall for this one, it might be the one to get special treatment: 3D printed (or such) key-top extenders, rather than craft sticks. But I can always convert the simple way and design the next stage at my leisure. I'll try to share pictures when done!

Back