• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

LMMH v LMM ( piano accordion )

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirralaccordion

Reaction score
I am not sure what advantage LMMH might have against LMM. What does the H enable in playing terms?

If the accordion does not have cassotto then LM and MH sound very similar but by switching between them you extend the range of notes with a full octave. If it does have cassotto then LM an octave higher than MH gives you two very distinct timbres. In both cases using LH gives you a special sound that you cannot simulate without having L and H. It is often used for tango, some say to mimic a bandoneon sound but obviously an accordion cannot really do that. But it is a useful special sound in any case.

debra said:
It is often used for tango, some say to mimic a bandoneon sound but obviously an accordion cannot really do that.
Hi,
Could you elaborate on the claim that the accordion cannot mimic a bandoneon?
I have never played or even seen one for real.
Olivier

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

reivilos92 post_id=50666 time=1506170977 user_id=2528 said:
debra said:
It is often used for tango, some say to mimic a bandoneon sound but obviously an accordion cannot really do that.
Hi,
Could you elaborate on the claim that the accordion cannot mimic a bandoneon?
I have never played or even seen one for real.
Olivier

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

A bandoneon has a totally different construction of the box and it has different reeds as well. The sound of a bandoneon (or a concertina, or a harmonica) cannot be reproduced by an accordion. None of these instruments can produce the sound of one of the others. You dont need to see the instruments. If you hear an accordion or a bandoneon on the radio you will know which it is. The difference in sound should be rather clear.

The Roland probably comes close to the sound of a bandoneon, but then again, we can argue that the Roland is not even a real accordion... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back