• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Maÿlis Arrat - new discovery for me. . . maybe you too

Tom N

Site Supporter
Reaction score
I discovered this 24 year old prodigy specializing in classical and baroque music a few months ago. Her latest post from YouTube is an amazing performance on free bass is - fill in superlative here - I searched the forum and did not see one peep about her. Unless I didn't perform the search correctly I'd like to bring your attention to Maÿlis Arrat. Here's the link to her YouTube performance.

Besides the nice music, I am wondering why the recording has no wind noise, I’ve not tried making a high quality recording outside and wonder if this is real or dubbed… guess I will have to try it myself once the weather warms up a bit! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Besides the nice music, I am wondering why the recording has no wind noise, I’ve not tried making a high quality recording outside and wonder if this is real or dubbed… guess I will have to try it myself once the weather warms up a bit! :)

Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, I was thinking of asking her how the recording seems to have some post-production. I did hear some birds at the beginning. To my ears, it seems/feels more of in interior space like a room effect. Overdub? How the heck do you "lip-sync"-overdub a complete performance after the fact?

Yeah, I was thinking of asking her how the recording seems to have some post-production. I did hear some birds at the beginning. To my ears, it seems/feels more of in interior space like a room effect. Overdub? How the heck do you "lip-sync"-overdub a complete performance after the fact?
Upon further close listening, I think it might be a video overdub. Are those two mics were picking up the kind of medium-size-room ambience I hear? What's the sound bouncing off off to produce that ambience? It doesn't matter. This young lady can play! Check out her YouTube offerings. I hope she pursues performance and composition.

Back