• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Matinatta & Italian songs

Yamarillo

Reaction score
Hi all, first time posting!

I am learning some Italian songs for fun- Brindisi, Santa Lucia and Matinatta at the moment.
I'm struggling a bit to find the bass chords for Matinatta- mostly I have been learning by copying from Youtube videos.

Does anyone have any Italian songs that they recommend, or any sheet music/manuscripts for these other Italian songs that play nicely on the accordion?

I have a 2nd hand Semiotto Soprani accordion that I am using at the moment. I am enjoying learning the instrument a lot :-)

Thanks all!

Welcome Yamarillo!

Not sure which version of “Mattinata” you seek, but you can find the Leoncavallo, Ruggiero version in IMSLP and MuseScore.

I play and have arranged a few “classic, traditional” Italian songs as lead sheets, such as Tarantella, Funiculi, Santa Lucia, That’s Amore, etc. Pm me if you’re interested.

Good luck with your tunes!!!

Hi all, first time posting!

I am learning some Italian songs for fun- Brindisi, Santa Lucia and Matinatta at the moment.
I'm struggling a bit to find the bass chords for Matinatta- mostly I have been learning by copying from Youtube videos.

Does anyone have any Italian songs that they recommend, or any sheet music/manuscripts for these other Italian songs that play nicely on the accordion?

I have a 2nd hand Semiotto Soprani accordion that I am using at the moment. I am enjoying learning the instrument a lot :-)

Thanks all!
If you go to the Printed Music Source (top of this section), you wil find, 2nd item, The Vancouver Music Circle.
There you will find dozens of tunes with a whole section to Italian.

Back