• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Musictech bellows dynamics?

Reaction score
I have a Beltuna accordion with a Musictech Q-Select MIDI system installed. This system has a bellows pressure sensor inside, but none of my MIDI modules seem to be receiving bellows pressure messages. These modules all recognize the bellows pressure from my Roland, so I think the issue is within the Musictech. The downloaded manual is not helpful, so I am wondering if there are any users who know if there is something I am supposed to program, or if this might indicate a faulty sensor?

midi controller 7 is volume
controller 11 is expression
a digital bellows/wind system can use either, depending on factory programming

Roland uses 11 AFAIK

that is the only clue i have to offer

I have no experience with Musictech MIDI, but I do with Limex. Is the bellows expression is turned on?

To determine the source of the problem, you may need to use a midi-monitor to see what messages your Musictech system is sending out and compare it with the Roland. There are a number of these free programs out there for either the PC or Mac that you can download, and you will need a MIDI interface for your computer.

Hi there, I don't have experience with this particular model but the Bellow DYNamics feature might be deactivated. Might the info in these photos be helpful?
I would try the DYN button and see if anything changes.

Attachments

• Q select panel.PNG
    Q select panel.PNG
    85.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Bellow DYNamics RH LH.PNG
    Bellow DYNamics RH LH.PNG
    37.8 KB · Views: 7
Back