• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

New here : Luso-Helvetic accordionist

Notario

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm a (not that much) young accordionist (CBA) from Switzerland with Portuguese origins.
I've been playing since 13 years old. I learned everything "by ear". Started with a guy for 6 months showing me what he knew, and then continued my journey as an Autodidact.
Anyways, I stumbled with this forum (massive source of information btw) while trying to learn more about my own accordions.
With the desire to create a mini atelier for accordion restoration and customization in the future (now that I have a nice basement in my house), I would like to start by restoring my own pieces. And that brought me to the point of acknowledging that I don't understand that much about accordions mechanics and caracteristics.

Anyway, I’ll start a parallel thread so you all can (if want to exchange about some unique pieces, I think) help me decipher my machinery. In the meantime, I’d like to share this welcoming message and introduce you to my two accordions, with which I’ve been playing mostly :

- Ranco Guglielmo Super Bernard (I think it is and it was sold as a 4 voice, cassotto)
- Maugein (4 voice, with "peigne arrière" for the basson (16' you say in english?). I think it is musette accorded

If you're still reading, thank you and a warmful hello

Back