• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

(NEW)Paolo Soprani Italia accordion need info please

Hi there;
Nice.
I can't offer much detail, but I can say that the brand name is a good one.
Paolo Soprani had been a fine manufacturer of quality accordions.
Your appears to be a small piano accordion (PA) of limited capability (maybe a student model), but a good one.
Appears to be in nice condition, cosmetically.
Enjoy

I agree with Chickers that this is a nice little accordion from a respectable brand (assuming it is actually from that brand which is impossible to tell from one picture.) It does look like some repair is needed on the bass side.

If in excellent vintage condition I would go $200 - $300. Anything less than that excellent will reduce the value to $50 for a nice conversation piece. All depend on condition, condition, condition.

Paolo Soprani were producing some of their best instruments in the 50s-60s, around the time that this was made. The little grey melodeons in particular are incredibly highly sought after in the Irish folk community. Now I'm not necessarily saying that yours is worth as much as one of them, or that it's built as well, as student models like this usually aren't built to as high a standard as the more professional instruments, but be aware that it's probably really quite a good box if it can be serviced. Unfortunately, due to good old musical snobbery, accordions with less than 72 bass buttons are often looked down upon as inferior instruments for children or beginners by professional accordionists, but they're still musical instruments, just like the larger, more versatile ones favoured by professionals. If I were you I'd get it checked over by a trustworthy repairer, and learn to play! If you can't find someone to look at it, we can give you a limited amount of advice on here. If you carefully pull out the little metal pins around one side of the bellows, you should be able to separate the bellows from the body. Inside are the reedblocks, and they often indicate whether an instrument is playable or not. Good luck!

Back