• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Nice local find - Hohner Student IV M - black

oldbayan

Site Supporter
Reaction score
The seller said that a friend left it with him many years ago when moving out of the country, then never claimed it.
I never saw a Student with this grill before, especially in black! Must be from the late 50's or early 60's. I have a big CBA with the same logo.

20240702_074335.jpg

It only had one stuck bass button, easy fix. Plays in tune, in excellent condition.

These have a very sweet musette tune. I have the free bass version that is very dry tuned but is the cousin to this model. :)
Nicely built in the 50’s-60’s, if treated nicely, almost last forever!

Just purchased it’s big brother today from Tempo Trend Music in Victoria B.C. Should be here in about a week. Can’t wait.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 9
I've had someone offer one just like this to me that was an inheritance from his father, apparently suffers from a ton of smoke damage. I told them I would take it and then donate it to a young student, but I'd obviously spend the time needed to make it as clean as I could.

Been about a week, had no 2nd response from them yet, maybe they sold it to someone else.

Back