• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Paolo Soprani - Italia

• Thread starter Thread starter moogpower
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moogpower

Hi everybody,

I write in this forum because I want to ask you for help with the accordion on the image. It belonged to my great grand father.

I would like to know more about its origin; model (Italia?), year of manufacture and if this is a rare model, though I cant find any Paolo Soprani accordions looking exactly like this one when searching on the internet.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a diatonic - melodeon.net may be a more helpful forum.
You will probably be asked which keys the instrument is in - B/C, C/C#, G/C, D/G etc.
Grey PS "boxes" are legendary and fetch silly money in Ireland - other models are less appreciated and so sell for less.
'Italia' is likely to be where manufactured - for example Casali usually have 'Verona' on them

Yes, there are some experts on these on melodeon.net who would advise. Some reds are sought after too to some extent; apparently small differences make a big difference to how sought after they are. Well worth asking on there.

Thank you for a fast reply & suggestions!
I tried to register on melodeon.net but It said the following:

An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry, registration is currently disabled.

Melodeon.net is definitely the place, so try again! (A very friendly and genuine place, by the way.)

The sweeping line around the buttons and grill looks similar to the "old grey" type, but the stepped keyboard might indicate that it was originally tuned with the rows tuned a fourth apart, rather than the semitone apart that's mainly used for Irish music.

Mel.net's the place!
Tom

If you read down the front page of melodeon.net, there's a section called "Registration" that tells you what to do.

Matt Butcher said:
If you read down the front page of melodeon.net, theres a section called Registration that tells you what to do.
Thank you Matt, Ive now contacted Theo and waiting for a mail to become a member on melodeon.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back