• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Petosa vs Titano

Petosa makes fine instruments. Both appear to be about the same size. But judging from the switches, the Petosa won’t have as many different combinations of reed selection as the Titano, though they are both apparently LMM. Do you like the color of one better than the other?

Petosa makes fine instruments. Both appear to be about the same size. But judging from the switches, the Petosa won’t have as many different combinations of reed selection as the Titano, though they are both apparently LMM. Do you like the color of one better than the other?
I like the sobriety of the black Petosa (the one that is for sale is not the one of the pic, on the other hand the Titano is the one of te pic). However, I fear that the musette sound of this one will be less vivid than the Titano. I'm interested in an instrument versatile enough to play American jazz standards like All of Me, A Kiss to Build a Dream On, etc. But also country music classics such as You Are My Sunshine, Folsom Prison Blues, Cotton Fields, Bee Gees and Carpenters Ballads and of course the music of my country Mexico. I would like to make a rational decision about which could be the best choice, taking into consideration that both have the same weight and price.

Last edited:
They both appear white to me. I would go with the one with more registers if it's versatility you're after. I'm familiar with this model of Titano, and they are nice, mid-range accordions. If you are playing Mexican music you may want a fairly wet tuning. Any accordion with 2 middle reeds can be tuned however wet you want in a couple of hours by a skilled technician, so the tuning should not be the deciding factor.

On the left-hand side, I’m rather partial to the “soft bass” register. Most accordions with only two bass registers have only “master” and “tenor” (which I get very little use of). If either of these two accordions have the soft bass register, then (assuming one considers all other factors more-or-less equal) I would definitely factor that into my decision.

Last edited:
Names are of little importance here as both accordions are made by reliable companies known for making good accordions. Generally speaking, I find Petosa accordions overpriced for what one gets, so in this case you get more sonic options with the Titano.

However, if what David says is true and that Titano is tuned a=442, I would tend to shy away from it.

It is a toss up. If you don’t care about the tuning, go for the Titano.

just in case, you should know the key size on those 2 accordions is
smaller/narrower than the keys on your Bravo

and i am curious why you chose Piano keys, being
south of the Border !

and do you see a lot of Gabbanelli's around your area ?
their new models cost a lot more anyway..

just in case, you should know the key size on those 2 accordions is
smaller/narrower than the keys on your Bravo

and i am curious why you chose Piano keys, being
south of the Border !

and do you see a lot of Gabbanelli's around your area ?
their new models cost a lot more anyway..
I'm not much into the norteño music. Besides I'm a keyboard player so I find easier the piano accordion. I'm also aware of the key size but dont think will be a problem since Im not a big guy.

SM on the Petosa refers to Student Model I believe. These were churned out in numbers with lower-end reeds and components. Perfect for learning the accordion.

I know little about either other than they are beginning models and the sizes indicate that as well.

Back