• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Ray Marshall and Dale Wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hais1273

Reaction score
Over in "The Music Game" Jim D posted a clip from the The Accordion Show. Dale Wise playing accordion and his mate Ray Marshal with a 4 string banjo I enjoyed the clip immensley and many of the other clips as well. No fancy production values just, good musicians doing thier thing.

My life hasn't TV changed, here we have two men playing a few tunes, standards I guess you would call them, enjoying themselves and playing well. As far as I can tell with just two cameras, close ups and not close up. I reckon this sort of thing is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the nonsense broadcast today. Not a gurning judge, fancy light show or semi-hysterical audience in sight. Vert pleasant..

Dale Wise is a good friend of mine since over twenty years. He speaks so well of his friend, Ray Marshall, who is deceased now, and what an excellent tenor banjo player he was and how much fun they had back then. They did some fun music together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back