• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Restoration of an old Weltmeister

EstoAc

Reaction score
Hello! I am new as new to this forum as I am to accordions. After my research I think this is a Weltmeister separator standard 120, am I correct? My family's old instrument, it maybe got played once or twice in 50 years. Part of why was some rattling in the accordion, my family never touched it and left it since we are no musicians. I watched some videos on YouTube, took it apart and found 4 loose reeds that were rattling on the bottom. I'm thinking of buying some pine rosin, beeswax and making my own reed wax since I can not get it locally, does 2/3 beeswax and 1/3 of rosin work? I probably need to change some reed valves also, didn't check them last time I opened the instrument. I'm thinking of rewaxing the reeds that fell apart and maybe some new leather valves if needed. What more do I need to check as in looking for something not working? How to check for malfunctions? From YouTube videos I am quite confident I am able to remove the reed blocks and rewax reeds and replace reed valves. What kind of leather is used and could I make my own since I think they are also hard to acquire here and how do I know the size of the leather needed for each reed? How much do these bad boys 😎 go for?
Any tips for the process are appreciated! 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20240924_135536.jpg
    IMG_20240924_135536.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240924_135553.jpg
    IMG_20240924_135553.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 1
Back