• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Roland fr4x germanset&upg_e

Flinstone

Reaction score
how can i install
it have a upb file and 10x st4
have upg installed as a user program over an existing bank.but old bank remains.
and put the ST4 in empty places. But it won't work.

What am I doing wrong.
Thanks for info.

Hard to know what you are doing wrong since we cannot see what you are doing... are you following the instructions that are included with the file precisely? Are you trying to install on a 4X or an 8X?

thanks for you comment .

i translate with google tranlate.
my english is bad am 81

heb set upg
and inport sets and inport upg done.
Sets set to 90 to 100
and alpine and orchestra are installed and it's FR4X

German Set : Tone List of Treble Register (Orchestra Part)
** Please import “Alpine Expansion” and “AccOrchestra Expansion” , before you import German Set.

thanks for you comment .

i translate with google tranlate.
my english is bad am 81

heb set upg
and inport sets and inport upg done.
Sets set to 90 to 100
and alpine and orchestra are installed and it's FR4X

German Set : Tone List of Treble Register (Orchestra Part)
** Please import “Alpine Expansion” and “AccOrchestra Expansion” , before you import German Set.
If you try to describe exactly the steps you have taken so far, in your own language, someone in this forum might use google translate and maybe find a way to help you.

Goeden avond
Fijn dat het in het nederlands kan.

UPB Geprobeerd om bank 7 te overschrijven.
En de ST4 file`s Naar plaats 90 tot 99 gezet.
Maar hij overschrijft user program bank 7 niet.
Als ik naar plek 90 tot 99 ga en deze wil beluistern laat hij ze niet horen.
Ik doe iets verkeerd maar weet niet wat.
Gedaan met menu write daar naar UPG en dat gaat niet.
op pagina 41 staat inporteren en daar naar bank dat zou dat voldoende zijn,overschrijft hij dan de bank die opgegeven wordt.
En wat doe ik met ST4 file`s.
Muziekale Groet
1717694687820.png

Goeden avond
Fijn dat het in het nederlands kan.

UPB Geprobeerd om bank 7 te overschrijven.
En de ST4 file`s Naar plaats 90 tot 99 gezet.
Maar hij overschrijft user program bank 7 niet.
Als ik naar plek 90 tot 99 ga en deze wil beluistern laat hij ze niet horen.
Ik doe iets verkeerd maar weet niet wat.
Gedaan met menu write daar naar UPG en dat gaat niet.
op pagina 41 staat inporteren en daar naar bank dat zou dat voldoende zijn,overschrijft hij dan de bank die opgegeven wordt.
En wat doe ik met ST4 file`s.
Muziekale Groet
1717694687820.png
There are experts in this forum that might be of better help than me, but if the User Program uses the Sets you are trying to import, I assume it will not work (but it should still overwrite your bank 7).

It seems apparent that you have not succeeded to import and save the SET files, so that would be the first thing to address. Are you using an USB flash drive to import the SET files? Or, are you using the Roland Editor to import them? If you are using an USB flash drive, are you following the procedure on page 35 in the Reference manual?

Ik ben er nog steeds niet uit wat een UPB-bestand is en hoe ik die importeer.
De ST4 bestanden worden geinporteerd naar lege nummers.
De Alpine is geinstalleerd maar als ik kies voor die ST4 laat hij die niet horen.
Groet Anne-Marie

Here is a brief description of the different types of data on the Roland accordion:
  • There are sound expansions that might be needed if the SETS and User Programs is based on them. There are 4 memory areas where these files can be imported to. There are 5 expanisions available on the Roland site, so you need to know which are used if you want to import SETS and User Programs based on them. See: Roland - FR-4x | V-Accordion. The sound expansion files have the file extension .bin
  • Then there are SETs with file expansion ST4. A SET is a simulation of an accordion and you can have 100 SETs in the accordion.
  • User Programs are "shortcuts" to favourite settings, including SET, organ, orchestra sound etc. There are 7 Banks with 14 User Programs in each bank. Once loaded, you can choose a bank and then a specific User Program with the Register Buttons. If you import a file with the extension .UPB it will allocate one of these 7 Banks.

It is hard to provide help unless you give a little bit more information and maybe you should try the Roland support instead. But, from your description I wonder if you have confirmed that the Alpine sound expansions has been imported correctly. The German Set and User Program obviously needs that, so my guess would be that you still have not the sound expansion imported.

Back