• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Roland FR8X "Button/Key" Clicks Settings Question

HagueyUK

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my first post so go easy on me :)

I have been playing a FR7 for the last 21 years, just as it came out of the box without doing any programming or saving etc. I rarely use any orchestral sounds, just an electric bass, piano on the chords and accordion sounds on the keys.

I have just acquired a FR8X a few days ago. I have successfully updated the firmware, and installed the Alpine, Dellape, Orchestra and Gola expansion packs.

I haven't a printed manual, and working with the PDF seems to be very slow and cumbersome.

I am struggling to do the following if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

1 : Is it possible to turn off the generated "key/button clicks". And if so how would I go about doing so.
2 : And if so, can they be turned off globally so no matter which set or sound I change to these clicks will not be heard?

Many thanks

I have been playing a FR7 for the last 21 years, just as it came out of the box without doing any programming or saving etc. I rarely use any orchestral sounds, just an electric bass, piano on the chords and accordion sounds on the keys.

I have just acquired a FR8X a few days ago. I have successfully updated the firmware, and installed the Alpine, Dellape, Orchestra and Gola expansion packs.

I haven't a printed manual, and working with the PDF seems to be very slow and cumbersome.

I am struggling to do the following if anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

1 : Is it possible to turn off the generated "key/button clicks". And if so how would I go about doing so.
2 : And if so, can they be turned off globally so no matter which set or sound I change to these clicks will not be heard?

Many thanks
Go to - Menu 14 System then submenu 14.9 Keyboard and button noise - turn that to off and do a System save

For me it's the other way round (hooray for text search and hyperlinks), but one advantage of a PDF is that it can be printed. If you don't have a printer of your own, there are even print-on-demand services (and most copy shops will also print from PDF though the pricing may be less attractive).

Thanks Pbraido and Dak, I have now made those changes which is great, and yes Dak I will print it out for sure.

Back