• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

Roland FR8X - Polka User Program

k-man

Site Supporter
Reaction score
HI, I recently upgraded from a Roland FR4X to a FR8X. I loaded the 4 expansion sets (Balkan, Dallape, Strings and Piano-Kbd). As I was customising my User Programs into Bank 3, I accidentally over-wrote Bank 001-01 Polka. Does anyone have a good polka sound that I could add to Bank 1?

HI, I recently upgraded from a Roland FR4X to a FR8X. I loaded the 4 expansion sets (Balkan, Dallape, Strings and Piano-Kbd). As I was customising my User Programs into Bank 3, I accidentally over-wrote Bank 001-01 Polka. Does anyone have a good polka sound that I could add to Bank 1?

Seems like you didn‘t make a backup of the user programs before you started tweaking? Why?
My suggestion is to backup now the user programms you want to keep and than reset all user programs and load again the ones you want to the locations you want - without overwriting the polka bank.

I don‘t own a FR-8 so cannot advise the exact proceedure. You should probably find that in the manual.

I'm at work, but let me see if I can get you a copy of that register, if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Moving forward:
Rule #1 is... before starting anything, make backups
Rule #2 is... before making any changes, make backups
Rule #3 is... Refer to rules #1 and #2... lol

You could also restore the entire accordion back to factory and then install over the expansion sets that you just installed.

Thank you Airy and Jerry.

Yes, agree - backups first- changes second, and considering that I have been in IT for over 40 years, I should know better.

I was adding sounds to Bank 3 (Empty), I was going to do a complete backup after adding to Bank 3 as all of the other sounds are factory loaded or Expansion sets.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had a great polka sound for a FR8X as the User Preset Bank 001-01 Polka was OK, but not great and I wanted to keep sounds constant and make changes to the User Presets from Bank 3 onwards.

Regards, Karl

I don't have many sounds that I made myself for Polkas I use mostly sets that I purchased from Richard Noel, so am under moral and copyright laws and cannot share. I can get you the factory original registration, but as I said, before I do that, you could do a factory reset and get everything back faster than it would take for me to extract and email to you.

Let me know.

Thank you very much Jerry. I will buy Richard Noel’s sounds. I looked at his videos and the sounds are compelling. Regards Karl

I have attached 4 UPG files Polka sounds I created. You can try them out to see if you like them.

1. 001-011_UPG.UPG is called “AC Mus M, +M LdBas” has just the two +/- M reeds in the Right Hand With a Musette Detune of “Italian H”. The Left Hand is set up with an Accordion Bass.

2. 001-012_UPG.UPG is called “AC ITALY Ld Bas” is the same as No. 1. With the addition of the 16’ reed for a fuller sound with this addition of this reed.

3. 001-013_UPG.UPG “AC Mus M, +M OmPah” is the same as No.1 except I changed in the Bass to Orchestral Bass ( [BsTuba] ) with no Accordion Bass This really gives a polka that “Om Pah” sound that people are used to for a polka. This sounds very good through an external speaker that has a good low frequency response. It sounds O.K. on the 8X speakers but it sounds a little “thin”.

4. 001-014_UPG.UPG “AC ITALY OmPah” is the same as No.2 with the change of Accordion Bass to Orchestral Bass. This is identical to the change made in No.3

===================================================
EDIT: I just found out I can't attach a *.UPG file on this Forum. Send me a PM (Conversation) with your E-mail address. I will send you the files via E-mail.

Thank you very much John.

Also, I have purchased the sound Michael Bridge has created. I watched his video's last night and I was extremely impressed by his talent and his exuberance.

Regards, Karl

I have attached 4 UPG files Polka sounds I created. You can try them out to see if you like them.

EDIT: I just found out I can't attach a *.UPG file on this Forum. Send me a PM (Conversation) with your E-mail address. I will send you the files via E-mail.
You can compress them (Zip) and put this way, I guess.

Back