• If you haven't done so already, please add a location to your profile. This helps when people are trying to assist you, suggest resources, etc. Thanks (Click the "X" to the top right of this message to disable it)

SOPRANELLI - can someone help me with background or origin

• Thread starter Thread starter jcasni
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jcasni

Hello everyone,

Im new here, i have been searching for information about my Piano accordion
just wanted to see if anyone can assist me in determining the build date, the model
and possible what the accordion is worth in ballpark terms. its a Sopranelli and the images
are attached below, not sure if its rare, homemade but i cant find anything anywhere which is strange.

I look forward to hearing from you all.

Not one I know - but is clearly not a cheapo - appears Italian, 4 voice musette, LMMM with mics & wrist coupler- so probably been a good player's instrument in past.
120 bass 41 key - looks nice , but value will depend upon playability - and that will depend on how it's been stored, looked after - and what work is required. What is the measure across all the white keys? What does it sound like? Are you in the USA?

Thanks so much for your reply,

The instrument is in great condition, has recently been tuned and is played regularly
by my father and is kept under a sheet whilst not played, its in perfect working order.

It also Has a hard case, My dad has 5 piano accordions and i think hes keen on selling this
one off as it is quite heavy for a pensioner to play but would like to do trhe resarch before listing
as i don't want to put a ridiculous price or sell below value.

I'm located in Sydney - Australia hops this helps

Is this is full size 19" keyboard? Does it have branded (not scratched) 'Made In Italy' on it? Was it a make known to the person who serviced it?

This one is Italian and vintage early 60's in nice shape. (note the bellows straps) The mic's are aftermarket installation. The brand name is not the maker but the importer. I would guess machine made reeds and simple treble and bass machine's. Pic's of the interior will fetch you a good ballpark price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back